5 Inspirational Love Quotes – The Power of Love!
Copyright (c) 2010 Steve M Nash
Ah, the power of love!
…In all its forms:
* Understanding, etc…
Love is everywhere, it really is, love is in all aspects of our lives. And love is revealed (or its absence is revealed) wherever we look too.
And the following 5 inspirational love quotes (and explanations) go some small way in showing this to be true. Enjoy. Oh, and love – always love!
1. “A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” — Ingrid Bergman
Here, Ingrid Bergman refers to a love that all of us yearn for, fondly remember or even actively participate in: romantic love!
And she’s right, sometimes words just get in the way, and sometimes a kiss says everything you need to know! (Sometimes kissed are great ways of avoiding words, too, but today is not about being cynical…)
Next, Bertrand Russell – possibly speaking from experience – urges us all to embrace the opportunities of love fully:
2. “Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness.” — Bertrand Russell
And perhaps what Bertrand is really saying here is that love is the greatest opportunity that life presents to any of us. And a life that makes best use of opportunities is a life best lived, is a happy life.
3. “You will find, as you look back upon your life, that the moments when you really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.” — Henry Drummond
And I guess Henry Drummond, with these words, is in agreement.
I guess he’s saying that life really is more fun when love has been behind what we do. Much more enabling, much more empowering, much MORE… than when fear is the motive behind our actions.
And I think that this is true of the individual as it is of society, of business, and of government – as reflected in these wise words of Jimi Hendrix:
4. “When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.” — Jimi Hendrix
And the meek will well and truly have inherited the world too, Jimi, when this happens. But I think we are a long way off this ‘perfect’ state.
Still, you can never ever underestimate the power of love. Nor the power of patience.
5. “With love and patience, nothing is impossible.” — Daisaku Ikeda
So maybe one day we will ALL more fully embrace the power of love in our lives, accept fuller responsibility for how we *do* love and how we receive it.
Or maybe we’ll continue to prefer to read inspirational love quotes one after another, nod in quick agreement, and move on to the next thing on our to-do list…