11 Robert Kennedy Quotes to Commemorate the Birthday of an American Legend
November 20th marks the birth date of Robert F. Kennedy and I thought it would be a fitting tribute to celebrate with 11 Robert Kennedy quotes. No matter which side of the political fence you reside on, you have to admit the Kennedy family is an intriguing bunch. Robert F. was no exception to that kind of fascination. Here are 11 quotes to help commemorate the day of his birth.
1. “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.”
2. “I was the seventh of nine children. When you come from that far down you have to struggle to survive.”
3. “Ultimately, America’s answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.”
4. “All of us, from the wealthiest and most powerful of men, to the weakest and hungriest of children, share one precious possession: the name American.”
5. “On this generation of Americans falls the burden of proving to the world that we really mean it when we say all men are created free and are equal before the law. All of us might wish at times that we lived in a more tranquil world, but we don’t. And if our times are difficult and perplexing, so are they challenging and filled with opportunity.”
6. “One-fifth of the people are against everything all the time.”
7. “Moral courage is a more rare commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.”
8. “The greatest truth must be recognition that in every man, in every child is the potential for greatness.”
9. “It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”
10. “I believe that, as long as there is plenty, poverty is evil.”
11. “It is not enough to understand, or to see clearly. The future will be shaped in the arena of human activity, by those willing to commit their minds and their bodies to the task.”
Robert F. Kennedy was quite the revolutionary thinker. Sure, there were some who opposed his views, but many more embraced them. Let’s commemorate his birthday this year with the above 11 Robert Kennedy quotes.