Lack Of Sleep Quotes – Effective Tips to Help You Sleep Better
Lack Of Sleep Quotes
“The repose of sleep refreshes only the body. It rarely sets the soul at rest. The repose of the night does not belong to us. It is not the possession of our being. Sleep opens within us an inn for phantoms. In the morning we must sweep out the shadows.” Gaston Bachelard quotes.
In this postmodern world, people are forced to live in the fast lane. You wake up early to get to work, spend at least eight to nine hours at work, go out with friends and office-mates, go home only to do some more work, sleep late, and repeat the cycle again on the next day. Because there are more important things to do, people tend to forget the need for sleep. However, aside from reduced output and concentration, the lack of sleep can lower the immune system making people susceptible to diseases.
The problem with missing out on sleep it that is becomes a habit. In the long run, you find yourself with sleep problems such as insomnia. Thus, when you do want to sleep, you find yourself awake because your body has adapted to your new lifestyle. It is never too late to break the bad habit, and you do not have to resort to taking of sleeping pills which you can become dependent on. Here the five tips to help you sleep better: Lack Of Sleep Quotes
1) Exercise. Have at least thirty minutes of exercise, three to five times per week. Because of the increased activity, you will find this as a natural sleeping antidote. You will find yourself sleeping like a baby in no time.
2) Have a light dinner early. Eating causes your metabolism to speed up as your body works to send the nutrients to their rightful places. In fact, when you eat, your blood supply is channeled to your gastrointestinal system. When you eat late, you actually increase the processes of your body, which will be a hindrance to getting the needed sleep.
3) Make your bedroom comfortable. Invest in creating the right ambiance for sleep. Have some dim lights installed. Or you can even put some scented candles and light them a few minutes before sleep to create a soothing effect. Play some mellow music.
4) Avoid watching TV late and in your bedroom. Television can stimulate your senses and perk up your mental processes. Plus, if you really like the show or movie, then you will forget the feeling of sleepiness altogether.
5) Use relaxation techniques before your sleep. You can do some breathing exercises and progressive relaxation technique to eliminate muscle tension which can hinder sleep. There are a lot of relaxation techniques which you can use to sleep better.
The University of Cambridge suggest that people who suffer from insomnia tend to be less confident and have lower self-esteem than others. It is important, therefore, to increase your confidence or improve your self-esteem and you will more likely to sleep better.
“If you can’t sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there and worrying. It’s the worry that gets you, not the loss of sleep.” Dale Carnegie quotes. Lack Of Sleep Quotes